Hazard Communication Training
Hazard Communication Training On-Demand.
About this course:
What is Hazard Communications? Hazard Communications, otherwise known as Right to Know, is the training that employers must provide to employees regarding the chemicals and substances that they work with on a daily basis. The training is required to help you as the employee understand how to read the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) as well as understand product labeling. In order to work safe, you need to work smart. Taking this training course on Hazard Communications will help you better understand the SDS sheet and how you can use the information provided to help keep you safe while you complete your job. Whether you have been in the construction industry for many years, or you are a newcomer just starting we recommend that you take this course to build your knowledge.
- How to read the SDS Safety Data Sheet form.
- How the MSDS form has changed to the SDS form.
- Understand the 16 sections of the SDS form and the content found in each section.
- How to read the NFPA 704 - 4 Diamond Label.
- What each rating on the NFPA 704 label means.
- And more!
Chris has over 25 years of experience in the commercial and residential construction industry. He has worked in multiple roles including leading construction crews, leading sales and marketing and serving as president of his family's construction businesses.
Chris has estimated and sold projects worth over $1,000,000. He has also been responsible for maintaining key accounts for over 20 years which have resulted in millions of dollars in revenues from repeat customers.
His history and current industry involvement include:
- He is a third generation contractor. His grandfather first started in the roofing industry in the late 1940's.
- He currently serves as the President of his family's commercial roofing company.
- He currently serves as the President of Roof Asset Management Inc. - a roof consulting and evaluation firm.
- He is a certified John Maxwell Team trainer and coach.
- He holds an MBA in Executive Global Leadership from Delaware Valley University.
- He has studied leadership with Bell Leadership Institute - Chapel Hill, NC.
"I have had a front row seat to see the benefits of personal development have for individuals and the companies who pursue education and growth. Constant growth is the difference between success and failure in business."
StartIntroduction to Hazard Communication (1:03)
StartMSDS and SDS sheets (1:33)
StartSDS overview (4:26)
StartPPE overview (0:41)
StartSDS sections 9, 10, 11, 16 (0:22)
StartSDS sections 12-13 (0:22)
StartSDS sheet location (0:44)
StartDiamond safety label overview (0:27)
StartHow to read the diamond safety label (2:41)
StartYou are responsible (0:55)