Do You Really Want This Stone Restoration Job? When to Say No to the Job
Learn When to Say No to the Job
About this course:
As the cleaning or restoration contractor, you could be liable for a failure if the client is not aware of pre-existing problems before work begins. This training course will explore what to look for so you can get paid and stay out of trouble. Learn how to recognize "hidden" problems before it is too late. We'll explore how to recognize if the installation was done properly, as exterior decks, showers, floors and counter tops can fail if not installed correctly. In addition, we'll discuss how to determine if the subfloor can hold the weight of the stone, the best ways to handle restoration in wet areas, determining proper slopes for shower pans and decks, and why previously repaired problems such as stone and grout cracking keep returning. After completion of this course, you will be better able to recognize what problems may be lurking behind walls and subfloors.
- Recognize what problems may be lurking behind walls and subfloors
- Properly analyze the job and specify work needed to complete the job effectively
- Recognize why previously repaired problems keep coming back
- Evaluate if the job is right for them and when it is in their best interest to refuse the job
- Demonstrate the ability to breakdown the root of a problem and properly communicate the cause to the client
The International Surface Event (TISE) is the largest North American event serving the floor-covering, stone & tile industries. The International Surface Event is comprised of the The International Surface Event: SURFACES | StonExpo/Marmomac | TileExpo events. Together, these three world-class tradeshows feature four impressive days of the newest products, hands-on demos, inspiring trends, key manufacturers, industry suppliers, along with unmatched education and networking. Held annually each year in Las Vegas, TISE brings together buyers and sellers from all over the world to see the latest products, trends, services and technologies.