Construction Foreman Career Training
Build Your Skills and Abilities for a Career as a Construction Foreman
BUILDING YOUR CAREER AS A CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN
Construction foremen play a critical role in today's successful construction sites. They act as leaders and managers on complex construction sites. Foremen provide communications between the field and the home office. They are front line with the customers who are purchasing the construction services that the foremen deliver.
Construction companies require skilled foremen in order to operate successful projects. Successful construction projects are projects that come in under budget and ahead of schedule. Foremen must be able to maintain a high level of quality and run a safe work site. They must blend all of these factors together to exceed the customer's expectations.
This course is designed to help you build your abilities and improve your career - whether you are a seasoned leader or are just starting out in your career.
What Will I Learn?
- What position a foreman play on a successful project site.
- The primary roles on a successful construction site.
- The difference between managing and leading.
- How to improve your communications skills.
- How to own your day and your project.
- 7 more tips to help you become a successful construction foreman.
To get the most from this content someone taking the course should:
- Have knowledge of and experience in the construction industry.
- Be interested in building a profitable career as a construction foreman.
Should You Take This Course?
Are you interested in improving your skills as a construction foreman? A career path as a construction foreman is a great way to build a set of skills and abilities that are expected to be in high demand for the next decade.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics the demand for skilled managers in construction is expected to increase 11% through 2026. This demand is going to create the need for individuals who have the skills and abilities to lead others to complete construction projects - from residential buildings through commercial structures.
This course is designed to help support you as you build your career as a successful construction foreman. The demand for skilled construction foreman continues to grow in the skilled trades as well as in general construction. Successful construction projects require successful foreman to complete those projects.
Do any of the following describe you? Are you interested in exploring a career as a construction foreman?
If so, this course will help you build your skills and a career as a construction foreman.
You should take this course if you are:
- A construction foreman who is looking to improve your skills and abilities in leading a successful construction site.
- A construction mechanic and are considering seeking a promotion to lead a construction crew as a foreman.
- An owner of a construction company or are self-employed in construction and are looking to improve your abilities to lead successful projects.
- A construction laborer or helper who is exploring what it will take to grow into a leadership role within your company and the construction industry.
Construct-Ed, Inc. is an online learning platform for the construction industry. We work with both in-house instructors as well as guest instructors to create high quality learning content. This course was created by our in-house team of instructors to help you build your skills and knowledge for a more successful career in the construction industry and skilled trades.
PreviewWhat Position does a Foreman Play? (20:14)
StartThe Roles on a Project Site (30:18)
StartThe Difference Between Managing and Leading (20:16)
StartChief Communicator - Connecting the Crew to the Company (25:49)
StartOwn Your Day and Your Projects (22:15)
Start7 More Tips to Being a Successful Construction Foreman (23:43)
StartThe Role of a Construction Foreman - Quiz
PreviewThe Management Wheel - Step-by-Step Guide (16:53)
StartPlan the Crew's Work (21:27)
StartGather Your Resources (15:33)
StartComplete Your Work (16:22)
StartCheck Your Results (Often) (13:33)
StartTips for Organizing a Construction Site (15:36)
StartHow to Manage a Construction Site - Quiz