Building a Profitable and Successful Construction Company
Learn how to build a profitable and successful construction company.
Are you running your own construction company? Are you struggling to make ends meet and to keep the lights on?
Maybe you are thinking of starting a construction company, but are unsure of how to get started?
Whether you are struggling to keep the business moving or you are thinking about getting into the business, the process can seem challenging and overwhelming. Where do you start?
In this course I share my experience and advice on what it takes to be a successful business owner and contractor. I am a third generation contractor. I had a front row seat growing up to learn how to be successful. My father taught me a key part of success - a commitment to lifelong learning. In this course I cover the 9 zones that I learned are the most important parts of your construction business. They are the parts of your business that you need to cover in order to be successful.
In this course we discuss:
-How to lay a firm foundation for your construction company.
-How to carve out a niche for your construction company.
-The process of developing a blueprint for business.
-Help you begin building your management toolbox.
-How to cover the 9 Zones of a successful construction company.
By the end of this course, you will have a system to help you manage your construction company. If you get lost in the woods, one of the first things that you do is to determine your position by laying down markers. This course will give you those markers. It will help you determine your location and help you develop a plan for moving forward.
If you are an owner of a construction company this course will provide tools to help you repair your business and build for the future. If you are just getting started, it will help you get out of the starting blocks strong.
You will begin to learn about the business behind your trade. Successful construction contractors know their trades well. They also understand the business behind their trade. They know the importance of building their business skills.
Who this course is for:
- Business owners who are looking to improve their construction businesses.
- Construction business owners who are struggling to keep their businesses going.
- Individuals who are considering or who have just started a construction company and are looking to get a good start.
What makes it unique:
I developed this course based on my 25 years of success in the construction industry. I developed the 9 Zone System for managing and leading my successful construction company. My team uses these 9 Zones daily.
- The importance of your company’s founding story.
- Learning to ask good questions when getting started.
- Applying the 5 W’s and 1 H to the start-up process.
- Tools to help you set footers and build a firm foundation for your business.
- The Benefits of Carving out a Niche for Your Company
- Why you should avoid being a Jack-of-all-Trades.
- My company’s personal story of moving towards focusing on a niche market.
- How opportunity costs impact your construction company’s success.
- Tools to help you carve out your construction company’s niche.
- Creating a Blueprint for Your Construction Company
- Learn how to get started writing a business plan.
- Discover how to write your business plan for your audience.
- The parts of a construction company business plan.
- Tools to help you write your business plan.
- Building Your Business Management Toolbox
- Every contractor has tools and a toolbox. Learn about the importance of developing a business management toolbox.
- Discover the 9 Zones that you need to cover to build a successful construction company.
- Learn about tools that can help you build your business management toolbox.
- Resources to help you build your business management toolbox.
Chris has over 30 years of experience in the commercial and residential construction industry. He has worked in multiple roles including leading construction crews, leading sales and marketing and serving as president of his family's construction businesses.
Chris has estimated and sold projects worth over $1,000,000. He has also been responsible for maintaining key accounts for over 25 years which have resulted in millions of dollars in revenues from repeat customers.
His history and current industry involvement include:
- He is a third generation contractor. His grandfather first started in the roofing industry in the late 1940's.
- He currently serves as the President of his family's commercial roofing company.
- He currently serves as the President of Roof Asset Management Inc. - a roof consulting and evaluation firm.
- He is a certified John Maxwell Team trainer and coach.
- He holds an MBA in Executive Global Leadership from Delaware Valley University.
- He has studied leadership with Bell Leadership Institute - Chapel Hill, NC.
"I have had a front row seat to see the benefits of personal development have for individuals and the companies who pursue education and growth. Constant growth is the difference between success and failure in business."
StartZone 1: Business Management (12:36)
StartZone 2: Insurance & Risk Management (14:57)
StartZone 3: Marketing & Promotion (12:22)
StartZone 4: Project Cost Estimating (10:57)
StartZone 5: Sales (11:12)
StartZone 6: Project Management (12:00)
StartZone 7: Leading People (10:10)
StartZone 8: Financing your company (11:25)
StartZone 9: Accounting speak (12:11)