Are you in the skilled trades or construction?
Are you looking for additional training to improve the skills behind the trades needed to improve your ability to succeed?
Whether you are an employee looking to level up your skills to get a better job - or you are a business owner looking to grow your workforce - improving skills and abilities is critical for future success.
The technical skills that are needed to be successful as a contractor are typically learned on the job. Younger less experienced employees are teamed up with more knowledgeable and experienced employees to transfer the technical skills and abilities to the younger generation. This is mentorship in action.
But many younger workers are not trained on the soft skills and personal development that it takes to achieve higher levels of success in construction. These skills are centered on personal skills including work habits, goal setting and communications. Technical skills and abilities can only take individuals so far.
Long-term success requires individuals to level up their soft skills.
Incumbent Worker Training - Eligibility
The government may help you pay for this training!
Your company or your employer may be eligible to receive reimbursement for training through an Incumbent Worker Training Program through the state or county where the business is located.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federal program that is administered by the states. The government has set aside money to provide training to improve the workforce in the United States.
This program - Building a Successful Career in the Skilled Trades (Volume 1) - may be eligible for a training reimbursement according to the state where you are employed or operate your business.
To determine potential eligibility contact your state agency overseeing the administration of this program.
For assistance in finding more information on your state’s program you may also contact Construct-Ed, Inc. at (407) 536-6938 or submit an email request to email@example.com.
How Does This Program Work?
- This program is delivered in a cohort format.
- The program has a starting date and an ending date.
- It is a time commitment of 4 months. The following will be delivered over those 4 months.
- Month 1 - orientation and individual meetings.
- Month 2 - deliver 15 Essential Work Habits for Success in the Skilled Trades.
- Month 3 - deliver Building Your Skills as a Mentor in the Construction Industry.
- Month 4 - deliver How to Connect with Your Crew to Make More Money in Contracting & S.M.A.R.T. Goals for Construction Businesses.
- The cohort will be scheduled to start in a specific month.
- Entry into the cohort will be limited to 10 participants.
- A Certificate of Completion will be issued at the successful completion of the cohort.
What You Will Receive With This Learning Bundle:
- Access to 4 separate courses.
- 15 Essential Work Habits for Success in the Skilled Trades
- Building Your Skills as a Mentor in the Construction Industry
- How to Connect with Your Crew to Make More Money in Contracting
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals for Construction Businesses
- Personal 1 on 1 meeting with Cohort Instructor.
- 30 minute meeting to discuss learning objectives.
- Mastermind Group Meetings for Each Course.
- Cohort will meet virtually to discuss the learning content.
- Each course will have a minimum of one meeting.
- Course Learning Materials.
- Provide supplements for each course.
- Copy of “Everyone Communicates, Few Connect” book by John Maxwell.
- Personal Close-out Meeting with Cohort Instructor.
- 30 minute close out meeting to discuss what the individual has learned.
Who Should Enroll:
- Employers may enroll employees who are new to their company and who they are looking to invest in for future growth.
- Employees who are looking for support in growing their soft skills while they are learning their technical skills through on the job training.
- Self-employed or solopreneur contractors who may be looking to hire and expand their business but are not sure how to grow their staff effectively.
Construct-Ed, Inc. is an online learning platform for the construction industry. We work with both in-house instructors as well as guest instructors to create high quality learning content. This course was created by our in-house team of instructors to help you build your skills and knowledge for a more successful career in the construction industry and skilled trades.